Is There Any Way To...

WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

forward/send text messages on an iPhone to an email address? Hoping y'all one have an answer for me.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Copy the text and paste into an email.

Save     Thanked by WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Elmer J Fudd

On an Android phone, you can forward the message to an email address and perhaps the same is true for an iPhone. Forward the message and on the stub, where the phone number to forward is requested, instead enter an email address in the usual format. Check by trying to send any text message to your own email.

Save     Thanked by WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

I cannot even figure out how to copy and paste the string of texts between myself and another individual. I have done everything I can think of and just can't find that option. Even visited the Apple forums and it seems it can be done, however, the app one has to purchase to do so is costly.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

Save    
dadoes

Each text would need to be copied individually and pasted into the email composition. Copy a text by pressing on it for a few seconds, should get a choice to Copy. Then switch to the email composition, press there and select Paste. Repeat for each text to continue pasting into the same email composition. Takes some manual-work but no cost.

The described Forward function is to forward it as a new text, not as an email.
Copy (and Forward) a Text on an iPhone

Save    
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

Thank you so much, dadoes. My Granddaughter came over yesterday and, while she was here, I asked her about this. As a result she did a screen shot of the text string. I have saved the info you provided for future reference.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Outdoor Accessories Raised Beds Lift Any Garden
From good old-fashioned wood garden boxes to modern metal troughs, raised beds can make any landscape space look great
Full Story
Materials Insulation Basics: Designing for Temperature Extremes in Any Season
Stay comfy during unpredictable weather — and prevent unexpected bills — by efficiently insulating and shading your home
Full Story
Most Popular How to Turn Almost Any Space Into a Guest Room
The Hardworking Home: Murphy beds, bunk compartments and more can provide sleeping quarters for visitors in rooms you use every day
Full Story
We specialize in residential landscape design throughout the metropolitan Washington area. We’ve helped millions... Read More