SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_shou

Patio roofing cover

G S
4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm in search of some ideas to cover a patio. The previous owner built a patio/pergola type structure and covered 2/3s of it with glass. I would like to cover the end 1/3 of it with something clear so there's more area out of the rain. Price is a big factor as I would like to replace this structure eventually anyway so I would like something simple and affordable.

In order for rain not to drip down in the middle, I would imagine I would have to run something new under the glass so it overlays it. I thought about using something like Suntuf polycarbonate panels but there aren't any purlins to attach it to.

I also thought about just using thick lexan polycarbonate sheets but that costs a fair amount.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Should I just install some horizontal purlins? (I don't really know the proper way of doing that either) The material would only need to support a bit of snow on occasion. I'm also not super handy either so the more simple the better.

Thanks! Pictures below so you can see what I'm talking about. Any insight would be great!

Comments (9)