Survivor 40 starts tonight

sushipup1

Survivor 40 “Winners at War” starts tonight. Two hours, be sure to set the recording, Two million dollars!

SaveComment29Like
Comments (29)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbara_tpa

Woo hoo!

Save     Thanked by sushipup1
share_oh

Yay! I was really irritated that my dvr did not record the show a week or so ago recapping everyone. : ( Hopefully I'll remember most of them as I see them.

barbara_tpa

Share_oh - I think that episode is available on CBS.com

share_oh

Thanks Barbara - I'll have to check that out and see if I can get it on my home tv.

sushipup1

What will be interesting is that all these people know one another. They've all seen everyone else's shows. Most (all?) are actually friends because of the various reunions, charity events, other public appearance together. Unlike in a bunch of total strangers, there's no chance of pretending to be someone else. All are winners, all are smart, all are motivated.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I didn't know that the prize this time was 2 million! Wow that is a big incentive. I think this will be an interesting season.

katlan

I think it will be tricky, good! If you're too nice it won't help, too conniving it won't help. If these people have any brains at all they will get rid of Sandra first.

I hope Parvati goes right after. I don't know that her extreme flirting/semi ho-bag acting will work this time. Hope not.

I need to choose wisely so I can regain the title of family champion lol.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by sushipup1
nicole___

I saw a preview where Sandra looked skinny...? Old footage or did she go a long ways...hhhhhmmmm.......

I also saw a preview where Sandra said Rob didn't tell her he'd signed up for THIS. :0)

Lindsey_CA

"I saw a preview where Sandra looked skinny...? Old footage or did she go a long ways..."

That was old footage. My first thought on seeing Dalton Ross' photos of seven of the survivors at the premiere a couple night ago was that Sandra must not have made it very far because she doesn't look like she's lost weight since we saw her on Island of the Idols.

1 Like Save     Thanked by sushipup1
queenmargo

This show is about "outwit outlast outplay" not outweight.

Save    
chipotle

queenmargo

This show is about "outwit outlast outplay" not outweight.

Outweight?

ghostlyvision

I too hope Sandra and Parvati have early exits, two of my all time least favorite players (although last season with Sandra wasn't bad, but camera time was pretty short and Rob did more talking lol).

The preview show was fun with all the clips so I'm really looking forward to tonight.

chipotle

I haven't watched Survivor since the beginning, so probably won't recognize more than a handful of the cast. Still, I'm really looking forward to it.

sushipup1

Well, they're going to do another version of Exile Island or edge of extinction, or whatever they call it, so no one will be totally out of the game for quite a while.

Save    
sushipup1

Wow.... These people are brutal!

1 Like Save    
katlan

That was some major scrambling and paranoia for the first tribal. Nice, haha.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Well that was interesting! So much has changed since the beginning. Old style peeps better move fast! Or they will be run over by the newer ones.

queenmargo

Sandra is out for revenge on Rob. She is up to her pot stirring, lol

sushipup1

And Rob will be out for Sandra when he sees Amber gone. Whew!

Save    
sleeperblues

Rob is the Godfatha!! I couldn’t believe how they all crumbled, gave him their information. Now he will have Amber’s coin thingy and be out for revenge. Gonna be juicy!

graywings123

Sandra's anger over Rob not telling her he was going to be on this show seemed excessive. Or made up drama for the camera. Sandra, Rob, and Amber would have been my first-to-go's. They have made enough on this franchise.

nicole___

I watched the links you posted sushi. Pretty good!

This thing with Amber on the island could benefit Rob. She can earn up to 5 tokens and give Rob advantages! Sandra may have done Rob a favor and she just doesn't get the island rules.....? Two million...just...wow!

queenmargo

Good thought nicole__. Amber could give Rob those advantages/ idols, and then still earn enough tokens to get back herself.

Yayagal

To me, Boston Rob is the most clever. I enjoyed every minute of the first show, did you see him toss those people over the barrel? They had to be appreciative.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by sushipup1
queenmargo

Sandra, Rob, and Amber would have been my first-to-go's. They have made enough on this franchise.

This is about Outwit Outplay Outlast... not Outunderdog.

katlan

I can't believe Natalie gave an idol to Sandra. What an idiot. Does she think Sandra will be loyal to her, save her?! NOPE.

Ben, you spilled your guts. Wth??? These people are not playing like seasoned players, winners.

Did you notice on the first challenge, fighting for the floatation ring in the water, Sandra never took a turn? Then in the next challenge, who sat out? Sandra! I wonder if they will say on the next challenge you can't sit out the same person 2 challenges in a row. She is just soooooo worthless, ugh. I don't know if I can keep watching, until she's voted out. Hopefully soon.

Save    
ghostlyvision

About Sandra - no kidding! Getting an idol (aaarrrggg) and then not participating in either challenge - I hope she gets blindsided but good.

sushipup1

Did you read the recap? There were several rounds of the challenge (with the rings in the water) that were edited out. And the story about Ben nlabbing all to Rob was covered, too. There's a lot of info in the recaps and the other linked story, to help you get the facts straight. The producers are editing about 40 hours of tape down to a one or two hour show.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Your First House 14 Things You Need to Start Doing Now for Your Spouse’s Sake
You have no idea how annoying your habits at home can be. We’re here to tell you
Full Story
Room of the Day Room of the Day: Vintage Posters Jump-Start a Happy Room Redesign
A bright and cheerful living room has this family feeling joyful again. See the before-and-afters
Full Story
Houzz TV Houzz Tour: Going Off the Grid in 140 Square Feet
WIth $40,000 and a vision of living more simply, a California designer builds her ‘forever’ home — a tiny house on wheels
Full Story