SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palmtree7653

Making updates feel cohesive

palmtree7653
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are updating our home to make it more our style and correct some problems. I have not finalized picks yet, but trying to make sure my overall plan is cohesive. We live a newer stucco home in Tampa, Florida

Kitchen plan: We will keep our white kitchen cabinets but we are replacing the damaged/stained granite with white quartz and adding a marble backsplash. We plan on doing a blue island. We will be adding new wood flooring to the whole downstairs. We will do brass/honey bronze hardware.

Guest Bath and Son's Bath. Will have the same cabinets as kitchen. Guest Bath will keep the current white vanity and son's bath vanity will be painted blue. The cabinets are the same style as the kitchen. Both bathrooms with have white quartz and the same marble look porcelain floor. They will have the same hardware as the kitchen but it will be in a polished nickel finish. They will have the same bath fixtures in a polished nickel finish. Guest bath will have white tiles in the shower and son's bath will have Bedrosian's Cloe tile in white.

Master Bath: will get new layout along with new vanity and makeup area. We will use the same cabinets company/style but will do 5-piece instead of slab style that is in the rest of the home. It will have the same marble look porcelain tile and white quartz counters as the other bathrooms. We will do a 3x12 white subway tile in the shower. It will have the same bath fixtures and hardware as the other bathrooms. I'm torn on the vanity color. I love the look of a warm wood vanity in the master bath. My husband worries it will feel out of place and make our home look like a "Frankenstein House". My other option is the same white as the rest of the house.

The white cabinet in the pictures below is not yellow or cream as it appears.

Comments (9)