SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turnby

Chrome or satin nickel doorknob conundrum...Help PLEASE!!

turnby
4 years ago

We purchased a modern contemporary townhome that is in the process of being built. All plumbing fixtures throughout the home are chrome. We will have aged brass light fixtures pretty much throughout - foyer, stairwell (sconces), living room, kitchen, 1/2 bath (sconces). In both the kitchen and 1/2 bath the cabinet pulls are aged brass as well.. I've just discovered that the door hinges the builder used when hanging the doors was satin nickel as he had planned on installing satin nickel doorknobs. I'm worried that it may look haphazzard having so many finishes going on. (The 3 story stairwell has matte black metal railing) Should I ask to have the hinges changed out to chrome and use chrome doorknobs? If that is not possible, would it look ok to use chrome handles with the satin nickel hinges? I'm most worried about this on the main living level as from the kitchen/ dining area the 1/2 bath is within view and there are several visible handles. To clarify, the kitchen will have aged brass island pendants & cabinet pulls, with two chrome faucets/soap dispensers AND stainless appliances. The half bath chrome faucet with aged brass wall sconces, mirror & cabinet hardware...HELP!!! What should I do???

Comments (6)