SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_346317667

Looking for new construction vinyl window recommendations

T P
4 years ago

We are building a new house in NC (inland, near Pittsboro/Chapel Hill, not near the shore) and I am having difficulty wading through all the information available on new construction windows. I believe I want all vinyl, and not vinyl clad or wood. My emphasis is on efficiency, functionality and aesthetics. We are doing a "modern farmhouse" type of design, so hoping for thin, flat framed windows. From reviewing other conversations online here and elsewhere, OKNA 500 or 800s, Soft-Lite Elements and Sunrise windows keep popping up as good suggestions. Am I correct in that observation? How would the pros here rank those suggestions, and should I look at others? We will be staying in this house for the next 20 years or more, so quality is important. The current design calls for large fixed windows (window wall in 2 story great room), casements and few double hung. Finish to be white both inside and outside. I would really appreciate some specific recommendation from the folks who deal with these windows day in and day out. Which models have the fewest callback issues, and what's your favorite? Thanks in advance.

Comments (10)