SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jally1

Comfy durable low-cost wheelchair cushion for heavy person in trauma?

jally
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I already researched online reviews on Amazon, YouTube & Searches. Now i decided to seek experience-based answers via this forum:

For major backside-trauma in a heavy person with incontinence, what's the most-comfy, durable & waterproof, yet low-cost wheelchair cushion? There's someone in a facility who i got to know, who's in bad shape with tumors, complex meningioma (which causes her to fall asleep involuntarily), embuli, and heart issues. She became very big (size 3x or 4x) due to tumors spreading inside her (not necessarily cancerous) including a baseball size one on her shoulder.

She's in major pain in her sitting-area, not just from prolonged sitting, but from trauma which happened because her case was mismanaged, and they failed to transport her from the testing center to a nearby doctor (despite a printed/dated prescription she had in hand as proof).

So due to aggravation since the driver was following wrong instructions rather than her prescription (and because that same issue had frustratingly been mismanaged a few months prior as well), she got up from her wheelchair inside the moving-vehicle, tottered, and fell down hard on her bottom. A recent MRI indicated damage to that area. Yet that too is being neglected, despite it being the fault of management.

Things constantly go missing at the facility, i assume due to theft. (I already had bought her one of those inflatable cushions with holes dispersed throughout, but which is now missing along with loads of her other stuff, which they claim to have transferred to storage).

Which is why its more sensible to avoid anything pricey. In any case, that inflatable cushion was too small and kept shifting under her, but it did help her as a back-cushion. As an aside, people have been advising her to sue, but for now she's busy just trying to keep body & soul together.

Comments (10)