SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Busy day, and a Good deed!

Jasdip
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I got a pedicure this morning and had to wait at home for them to dry completely before putting on socks and shoes to get groceries. We're in for a snow-storm tomorrow and today is gorgeous! Very cold, dry and sunny.

I talked to my g/f on the phone and she has a miserable cold so I picked up a bunch of juices and some yams for her while I was shopping. A while ago we sorted some of her mom's things and found some older Canadian paper money......before it went to the plastic polymer stuff now. Even some $1 bills which we haven't used in 30 years or more!. We use toonies ($2) and loonies ($1 coins).

She paid me with the old money for her groceries. I used that at the second grocery store, and the cashier wasn't sure if they'd even take a $1 bill. She took it, after verifying, and the customer behind me bought it. LOL.

Heading out to my car a fellow had his hood up in the parking lot, and I said Oh No! He said Yep, dead battery. I asked if he knew how to boost, and he does and had cables. He pushed his car to an open area and I used my car. Another fellow came, and carefully took off the cable of my car, and the owner took his cable off, and all is good. I know it can be dangerous if not done right, but he looked like a fellow that knew what he was doing, plus he had cables. I couldn't just leave him there, in case no one else was willing to help. He had to go to work this afternoon, too.

Comments (11)