Don't forget about Jeopardy GOAT tonite!

rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

We are fans of James but will be happy to see any of them win. It's on ABC at 8:00 EST, 7:00 CT.

SaveComment23Like1
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dedtired

And I have to go to a meeting tonight. Boo hoo.

Save    
Janie

We feel the same - we are rooting for James, but will be happy whoever wins.

Save    
nicole___

We'll be watching! I hope James wins....then it will go a little bit longer....

Save    
Jasdip

GREAT SHOW!!!!!

Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

Now that was a fairly easy final Jeopardy question, I even knew it. I can hardly believe you-know-who didn't know the answer. Did he let a certain someone win??

Oh well, it was a fun tournament.

Save    
bpath reads banned books too

I didn’t know it, but I haven’t read any of it since high school. DS, though, has performed plenty of it and probably would know!

It was fun but I wish it was even enough to continue!

Save    
dedtired

Wah, had to miss it but I heard who won. Will have to look for the final jeopardy answer.

Save    
eld6161

Not sure who, but one of the Jeopardy contestants said, “it is only easy if you know the answer.”

1 Like Save    
georgysmom2

I'm sad.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

No, Schoolhouse, I don’t think he let anyone win. Remember, the points from both games are added to determine who wins the match. He didn't have enough points from the first game even if he had bet all of his points from the second game and got the correct answer. He might have deliberately written down the wrong answer, but it didn’t matter.

Save    
salonva

I was happy I remembered and watched and dare I say- I liked the outcome.

Save    
Michele

I did get the answer. My daughter suggested it was too obvious. My husband’s didn’t get it either.

I picked up that James went a little too far with his comment about Brad’s score.

I don’t think he meant any harm but Brad seemed bothered.

I loved watching this. There is sadness hovering around. Brad’s final jeopardy answer and what he said started getting me choked up.

1 Like Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

That's should of have been my choice of words, answer was "too obvious", instead of too easy.

James and Ken were very chummy. I know James remarked early on that Ken was his idol. Isn't Ken in the media business now somehow? I've forgotten what type.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

My wife sucked me into this so I was watching.

As I said in an earlier thread, I think James is an odd duck. Not in a nerdy sense but in a mental health sense and someone suggested there were maybe signs suggestive of mild autism. Whether the case or not, it was as if when he realized he was on a slippery slope toward defeat, he started speaking out and hounding the other two. I think his intent was to distract or disturb Ken, to try to regain an advantage.

It was poor sportsmanship and a display of being childish. I hope that the game managers cautioned him during the commercial breaks to keep quiet. Whether they did or not, he conduct was out of order and lacking in class. I'm glad he was a loser, he deserved it.

Save    
Bookwoman

I just read a WaPo piece which suggested that Ken should be the next host, which I think would be a great idea.

1 Like Save    
lily316

I love James and think he is the smarter of the two. Ken has his age as an advantage. But they all appear to be good friends.

1 Like Save    
bpath reads banned books too

I’m not sure Ken has the voice to be a host. Brad does, though.

Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Good grief! The three players have been needling each other for months and enjoying every minute of it. They've had an ongoing social media interaction that has been witty and hilariously cutting. James is well respected by the others and he returns it. His comment about Brad's score was very funny, not unkind at all when one knows the backstory of the relationship.

Those of us who have watched other championship tournaments with these and other well known players should be well aware of the good humored teasing that goes on between them.

James is actually a very sentimental soul and deeply appreciative of his opportunity to participate on Jeopardy and to do so well.

My only question is regarding Brad. Usually a stellar performer, he just seemed to cave in this competition. It made me wonder if he is well. Or has he not competed against James or even Ken before and their lightning fast reactions?

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

James is 35, Ken is 45, Brad Rutter is 41. I can't see how age had any effect. Oldest came in first, youngest second, middle third.

Save    
lily316

Ken just looks so much older than I thought he was. I guessed mid 50's.

Save    
Michele

Odd? Weird? Who isn’t? I’d take having that kind of brain and be considered odd any day of the week. As it is I guess I’m just weird. ;-)

Save    
Michele

I could see Brad as host. He’s easy on the eyes and he’s got a good voice and personality

Save    
RNmomof2 zone 5

Brad made a comment the first day that the knowledge was still there but that his speed of recall was much slower. Major detriment up against Ken and James!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Disaster Prep & Recovery How to Prepare for and Live With a Power Outage
When electricity loss puts food, water and heat in jeopardy, don't be in the dark about how to stay as safe and comfortable as possible
Full Story
Most Popular Pet-Proofing Your Home: A Room-by-Room Guide
Not all pet dangers are obvious. Keep furry friends safe and sound by handling all of these potential hazards
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
T.J. Gilbride Architects, Inc. is a full-service architectural design firm specializing in high quality custom... Read More