SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Clothing and fashion: your favorite go-to items?

Sueb20
4 years ago

What’s your favorite outfit, or favorite top, sweater, etc...?

Does this happen to you? I would like to toss almost everything in my closet and start over. Somehow I’ve ended up with a sea of mostly blacks and grays. Recently I wore a new red sweater out, and (this never happens) several people commented that I looked good in red. Huh, why don’t I have any other red tops? No one has ever told me I look good in, say, black. I get comments when I wear orange or rusty colors, and sometimes green. I have almost nothing in those colors, though — especially in my winter wardrobe. So I need an overhaul. Especially as I get older, too, I am noticing a difference in my face when I wear flattering vs not so flattering colors.

My style is casual and mostly simple but I like a fun or funky details. If I wear a plain shirt, I usually wear a funky necklace and earrings to jazz it up. Pretty much always wear jewelry anyway, every day. My uniform is jeans and sweater, or jeans and some variation of t-shirt. Even when I’m working, I’m wearing (nicer) jeans. I would love to wear yoga pants and a sweatshirt every day...I’m all about comfort. I often get stuck on weekend nights when we go out to dinner or a concert or whatever — definitely lacking in what I refer to as “date night clothes.” Still want mostly casual but I need some slightly jazzier tops for my standard jeans for those nights.

I usually gravitate to Lucky Brand tops, though lately I’m not loving much there, but I like the slightly boho look. I like tops that don’t need to be tucked in, and I’m only 5’2”, so that can be a challenge. A lot of Lucky tops run short. I have two of these cashmere sweaters from GH that I wear a lot. Wish they came in brighter colors. The length is perfect for me. I wore one last night with a colorful prana scarf...I have a bunch of scarves and hardly ever wear them but I should, because the scarf really pulled together my standard jeans and sweater uniform.

https://www.garnethill.com/cashmere-cropped-sweater/446383?listIndex=0&uniqueId=446383

I’m browsing around stores and web sites and I’m not seeing a whole lot of things that I love. And I know many of us tend to wear the same few things over and over...right? What are your go-to favorites?

Comments (195)