SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steven_fry25

Stepdaughter problems

fryguy
4 years ago

I’m in my mid 50s. This is my 3rd marriage and first time I’ve lived with someone else’s kid. ”M” drives me crazy on a daily basis. She’s 13 but tries to act older except when it comes to homework and chores. She has constant attitude with her Mother and I when she doesn’t get her way. She’s on her IPhone constantly. I’ll be running through the home cleaning, cooking, laundering, taking care of animals etc and she’s just laying in her bed playing on her phone. I’ve long since given up being civil and asking for help! Now, I just demand her to get off her butt and help or I take her phone. However, I get a lot of flack and little support from her mother who also lacks in the help around the home department b. She has severe back trauma but her daughter had no such excuse. I’ve left several times only to come back because I sunk my life savings to buy our home outright and I’ve already done the divorce and pick up the pieces twice before I feel like I’m being constantly used and I’m often angry and bitter about everything. Even friends and coworkers give me a wide berth. I just don’t know what to do to fix this situation!

Comments (2)