SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
share_oh

Here she is! (new dog)

share_oh
4 years ago

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words of support! All went well at the meet and greet and we brought her home Saturday!

We decided to name her Tuffy - cuz she's one tough little gal! She's pretty scraggly looking - she should be all white but her feet are urine stained. Once they grow out a little more I will attempt to shave them. I'm not sure how to clean her face.

She does not like to be touched at all. If we have to pick her up, she freezes in a scrunched up cringing type hold. The rescue lady said she was probably only ever picked up by her scruff to be pulled into and out of her cage.

She's already showing signs of improvement though - she answers to her name! She will come to me and her nose will touch my finger and I praise her. She's not food motivated - I haven't found a treat yet that she will take. She does like steak and cheese though! Unfortunately she only has a few teeth left in the back of her mouth.

You can see a little nub at her backside - that's all they left of her tail. She doesn't even have enough there to wag. It infuriates me that they would've docked her tail so short. I'm sure it was all for their convenience.

She likes to lay in corners. I think it gives her some security. We pretty much let her do what she wants. She LOVES going outside! It's so cute to see her run - she runs like a bunny with her back feet together like a hop.

This morning she actually ventured into the room where my dh and I were. First time on her own! Normally she stands in the door way and looks in.

For only being with us a few days, I feel that she's already making progress and my hopes for her to become a "normal" dog are pretty high! I know she may always have quirks - she's almost 7 years old... but I think she can enjoy life in the coming years. : )

Comments (53)