SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisgonzales

New Home layout help open floorplan

chrisgonzales
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Well after searching it seems making a post might help me get some ideas/help on how to furnish my new home. I tend to overthink things too much, but i don't want to be buying stuff i'll regret because it doesn't fit the space or scale is off.

So I've attached a floor plan from the builders, and upload some photos of the space from a few angles. You probably can get a bit of an idea what i'm trying to judge with the tape on the floor. I just marked rough measurements of sectionals for the space on my initial thoughts. Was probably going to throw in a couple chairs near the fireplace side.

Ignore all the furniture you see on the edges it's going upstairs, still in the process of un-boxing. But gave away couch from previous space and this space is much larger than my last. I'm basically starting new with this living room.

Some details about the space from the fireplace wall to the door is 20' and from the wall with the TV on it to the opposite side header is 20'. So it becomes essentially a 20 x 20 space a bit longer if you consider the overlap into the kitchen bar. The tv will a large focus in this space (i know it's like against the #1 rule, but that's my intention so lets move on, and i hate that builders keep putting stuff above fireplaces for TVs), but still want the space to seem purposeful. Never been one to use fireplaces much but don't want to feel out of place with new furnishing. But at the same time not the only focus of the space. The TV and stand are likely going to change i might downsize a tad but won't change much in regards to space taken up. And i thought for flow that also would like to keep a walking path to the bath room which is in the corner you see the TV near.

So to end would like some guidance from others. I'm worried mostly about finding the right scale sofa/sectional. I initially was looking at Article Ceni, i liked the style but it was 85" and marked out the floor felt way to small for the space. Then starting looking around and found sectional below i liked, but just really unsure of size. And the sofa is going to dictate my area rug size, coffee table and end table(s) and such.

Sorry for the lengthy post but figure more backstory the better.

APT2B Lexington Sectional https://www.apt2b.com/products/lexington-2pc-sectional-sofa-pecan-laf?variant=15801277087833

Comments (4)