SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teamjv

wood trim & kitchen cabinets

teamjv
4 years ago

Hi my wife and I are building our family home for 5 of us, in Bragg Creek AB (Canada) this is in the Kananaskis area. Lots of trees, mountains etc.

We are a little stuck.. we wanted to do a VG fir kitchen as we were going to finish the house with VG fir doors and trim with a clear coat finish. Trouble is we can’t seem to find kitchen cabinets in fir (for a bunch of reasons that make sense). However maple has been recommended which we would do in a clear coat finish.

Now here’s the question(s)
-do we just go maple trim / doors and kitchen? Both my wife and I worry a little this is to much of the same
-would maple kitchen & VG fir trim match or clash?
-should we stain the maple kitchen darker so that the trim VG fir is contrasting?

We do NOT want to go with painted mdf white. I get it’s trendy it just doesn’t go in this area.

Here are the drawings of the home: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZV9XYWjitFrtFUeD5tnXUVoZ9l2O1tdr/view?usp=sharing

Here are some:
Photos of the lot / These are the VG fir tones we like / This is the Maple we found we like:

Truth is we are super stuck because we really like the VG fir but it lacks the durability we will need in the kitchen.

Comments (13)