SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stir_fryi

Review of Samsung Induction Range (slide in NE58K9560WS)

stir_fryi SE Mich
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I purchased this range for our FL vacation condo. I used it over Christmas for ten days, and I'm overall happy with it. For reference, I have a 10 year old Kenmore induction range in my primary home, that I am very happy with.

The Samsung range is comparable to my Kenmore as far as responsiveness. Here are the only "cons" I found with this new range.

My Kenmore has a "power boil" feature that the Samsung doesn't (but I didn't really notice the difference).

I like the knobs on the Samsung compared to the buttons on my Kenmore. However, I will say that some people may find that the Samsung, with the knobs, does not have as many settings as ranges that have digital control buttons. I feel like I can fine tune my burner temperature a bit more on my Kenmore.

Lastly, the largest burner is in the front on the Samsung. I very much like that, but -- I don't know why they set the two front burners so far back from the control panel. That is just weird to me and a waste of space. Having an OTR MW, I'd rather have the front burners closer to the front of the range.

Well, that all I can think of to say at the moment.

Actually, thought of one more thing -- oven vents out the front below the control panel -- not crazy about this, but not a deal-breaker. My Kenmore does as well.

Comment (1)