SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29161

Porch Fireplace Placement

Lindsey
4 years ago

Hello! Looking for some ASAP advice. We are building a three season porch and the builders moved the fireplace to the wall adjacent to our deck per my direction (the other two walls have gorgeous views and I don't want to block them. They placed it all the way to the corner so it lines up with the edge of the deck and so that the door has enough space the swing in (we live in MN an builders now do swing in doors so that you can open your door to the deck in the winter when there is snow.)

I feel like it looks super weird and makes creating a cozy seating environment super challenging. They CAN move it to be centered, but then the door would swing very close to the edge of the fireplace and it wouldn't be lined up with the end of the deck (this part doesn't really bother me.) The builder is strongly recommending I don't move it. A corner fireplace isn't an option at this point in the building process.

Thoughts?? Does anyone have a fireplace placed like this that they can share photos of their seating arrangements?

Thanks!

Comments (2)