SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefoster

question about placement of screened porch (new construction)

cefoster
14 years ago

Hi there! I searched but could not find the answer to my question. Instead of building the screened porch in the back of the house (under the main roof line) - is it possible to build a small screened porch (our home will be small so we would like a 10 by 12 porch) in between the master bedroom and living area? I do not know if I am wording this correctly so you can visualize what I have in mind. I am thinking it can be done but we will have a basement and the space above the screened porch will have a sleeping loft/play area. I am sorry to bother you all with this question. I hope it was ok to put this here as this gets the most viewers I think. We haven't started building yet, but this sounds like a neat idea to me. Of course there would only be a little area of screen and the rest would have windows - from the bedroom and living space. In our original plan, the porch was the back length of the house and I just know that will make the house seem dark. Any opinions or comments, I thank you in advance. Take care my Friends!! --Colleen in NC

Comments (3)