Two things: cat food recall and clothing folding boards
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Don't Do LG Topload Washer Recall Unless You Want Wet Clothes
Comments (56)Today I've been playing the good customer and going through the paces to address this issue with the LG Washing Machine I purchased via BestBuy in January 2012. In the fall of 2013 I received a notice in the mail that my unit needed to be upgraded (you know the story). At that time we would get an occasional unbalance code. I wasn't aware of all the back-story on this washer. I called LG Recall (1-855-400-4639) and they had a local service provider come out and "upgrade" the software in October 2013. Very soon afterwards the machine consistently gave a uE code and often as not able to finish a single wash cycle, even after attempting to re-balance several times, and finally giving a UE code. We put up with this through the holidays and spring time of 2014 by running the washer and always choosing the "no spin" option. Then when the cycle finished (sometimes with a UE and sometimes not) we would then run a 13 minutes "spin only" cycle which we would have to monitor throughout the entire 13 minutes to stop the machine and attempt to re-balance the load if a uE code was given again. Most often this DID give a uE code meaning that we'd have to start the 13 minute spin only cycle again. In most cases we usually get to a point where we think most of the water had been removed, still very wet by normal standards, and just give up and throw the clothes in the dryer where they go through an extra long drying cycle since there is more water in the clothes than there should be anyway. Today I called LG Recall again and told them that the "upgrade" made the situation worse. They sent me through to the "special diagnosis" team who had me put the phone next to the washer, listen for fax-like tones and discovered that, yes, I was telling the truth. There are uE and UE codes being alerted. They then scheduled a visit from a local contractor and told me that I should expect a confirmation call from the contractor. The contractor called and said they would be charging me $89 for a diagnosis. I was not told this by LG, so I refused the service and called LG back. The recall line (who had set up the appointment) told me that they couldn't help me any further and I needed to speak with Customer Service. I called customer service (1-800-243-0000) who told me they could get the "A&E Service" to come out for a "one-time repair" at not cost. They gave me a case number and the phone number for A&E Service (888-433-3892) to schedule this visit. A&E said they couldn't accept a call from me, and could only schedule the visit if Customer Service was on the line. I called Customer Service again. (for today that is already 2 calls, and another two calls to LG Recall, and one call to A&E). This time Customer Service told me that they would cancel the previous service call request, and set up a new request for a local service to come out on Monday to service the washer, at no charge. I will come back to continue to record the events, as a means of reference for my own purposes, but also in hopes that it is useful to others. I haven't seen that anyone has had this problem resolved through these local contractor service visits, but at least I'm going through the paces and will be able to convince LG that I've been cooperative and done everything I can on my side in case I have to insist on a buy-back or replacement. I see that some others have had some success in that regard and I'm trying to follow the model....See MoreWhere do you fold your clothes?
Comments (37)My laundry is in the basement. I TRY to fold right out of the dryer, but it doesn't always happen-clothes get dumped in a clean clothesbasket, then are folded & put in stacks for each person on the oversized ironing board. I try to hang my DH's work clothes (he's a little fussy about wrinkles, so since I don't iron, I try to hang them fresh out of the dryer)-the rest of us wear just jeans & tees, mostly, so it doesn't matter if they're wrinkled. I fold tshirts like sdflenner does. It helps that the laundryroom is not a total pit, although that's where my litter boxes are, too. It's carpeted, has decent lighting, I even put a tiny tv/DVD player & collection of exercise DVDs down there, w/ the hope of someday feeling the urge to exercise down there where noone can see or hear me-hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopeful.......See Morelost two cats in 3 months
Comments (24)Thank you Cat Mom. Dee...I hope you find this comforting... The Journey When you bring a pet into your life, you begin a journey. A journey that will bring you more love and devotion than you have ever known, yet will also test your strength and courage.If you allow, the journey will teach you many things,about life, about yourself,and most of all,about love. You will come away changed forever, for one soul cannot touch another without leaving its mark. Along the way, you will learn much about savoring life's simple pleasures -- jumping in leaves, snoozing in the sun, the joys of puddles, and even the satisfaction of a good scratch behind the ears or on the belly. If you spend much time outside, you will be taught how to truly experience every element, for no rock, leaf, or log will go unexamined, no rustling bush will be overlooked, and even the very air will be inhaled, pondered, and noted as being full of valuable information. Your pace may be slower, except when heading home to the food dish, but you will become a better naturalist, having been taught by an expert in the field. Too many times we hike on automatic pilot, our goal being to complete the trail rather than enjoy the journey. We miss the details; the colorful mushrooms on the rotting log, the honeycomb in the old maple snag, the hawk feather caught on a twig. Once we walk as a dog does, we discover a whole new world. We stop; we browse the landscape, we kick over leaves, peek in tree holes, look up, down, all around. And we learn what any dog knows that nature has created a marvelously complex world that is full of surprises, that each cycle of the seasons bring ever changing wonders, each day an essence all its own, each day a gift from God. Even from indoors you will find yourself more attuned to the world around you. You will find yourself watching: summer insects collecting on a screen; how bizarre they are; how many kinds there are or noting the flick and flash of fireflies through the dark. You will stop to observe the swirling dance of windblown leaves, or sniff the air after a rain. It does not matter that there is no objective in this; the point is in the doing, in not letting life's most important details slip by. You will find yourself doing silly things that your pet-less friends might not understand: spending thirty minutes in the grocery aisle looking for the cat food brand your feline must have, buying dog birthday treats, or driving around the block an extra time because your pet enjoys the ride. You will roll in the snow, wrestle with chewie toys, bounce little rubber balls till your eyes cross and even run around the house trailing your bathrobe tie with a cat in hot pursuit, all in the name of love. Your house will become muddier and hairier. You will wear less dark clothing and buy more lint rollers. You may find dog biscuits in your pocket or purse, and feel the need to explain that an old plastic shopping bag adorns your living room rug because your cat loves the crinkly sound. You will learn the true measure of love. The steadfast, undying kind that says,''It doesn't matter where we are or what we do, or how life treats us as long as we are together'' Respect this always. It is the most precious gift any living soul can give another. You will not find it often among the human race. And you will learn humility. The look in my dog's eyes often made me feel ashamed. Such joy and love at my presence. She saw not some flawed human who could be cross and stubborn, moody or rude, but only her wonderful companion. Or maybe she saw those things and dismissed them as mere human foibles, not worth considering, and so chose to love me anyway. If you pay attention and learn well, when the journey is done, you will be not just a better person, but the person your pet always knew you to be. The one they were proud to call beloved friend. I must caution you that this journey is not without pain. Like all paths of true love, the pain is part of loving. For as surely as the sun sets, one day your dear animal companion will follow a trail you cannot yet go down. And you will have to find the strength and love to let them go. A pet's time on earth is far too short, especially for those that love them. We borrow them, really, just for a while, and during these brief years they are generous enough to give us all their love every inch of their spirit and heart, until one day there is nothing left. The cat that only yesterday was a kitten is all too soon old and frail and sleeping in the sun. The young pup of boundless energy now wakes up stiff and lame, the muzzle gone to gray. Deep down we somehow always knew that this journey would end. We knew that if we gave our hearts they would be broken. But give them we must for it is all they ask in return. When the time comes, and the road curves ahead to a place we cannot see, we give one final gift and let them run on ahead, young and whole once more. ''God speed, good friend,'' we say, until our journey comes full circle and our paths cross again. And bless their souls for sharing their lives with us...and adding so much to our very existence. Author Unknown....See MoreI'm going to entitle my memoirs "Cats: Why We Can't Have Nice Things"
Comments (150)How I Loooooove these cat stories!! I couldn't help getting a few tears in my eyes but so many more laughs!!! At 73, I can't say I ever remember a time I didn't have at least one weaving in and out of my legs, tail up, meowing either for attention or food. A few even tried to use me as a scratching post !lol My bff in IL takes in rescues, and at the moment has 21 or 22. The 100 yo historic home she bought 9 years ago came with 2 separate garages, one housing the majority of the kitties, the other is used for storage, but she always keeps the big door open a foot at the bottom, and knows *other* critters take part in the 'vittles' also. Sthe has either 4 or 5 in the house, one being a mama cat w/7 kittens, the very start of her rescue 'mission'. She gave away 2 of those kittens(after neutering!),and never stopped regretting it. They have all found a forever home with her. Her vet/food costs are insane, and when I visited in the summer we found worms in one of the litter pans, and in a two day period, took every cat into the vet to be dewormed. That was $400. It's neverending work! Whenever I call she's scooping, feeding, or rocking one of them in the old rocking chair that was moved out to the garage. She also donates to almost every animal organization known to man, even if it's only $5. She's a one-woman rescue shelter, and I wish I were closer to help. We always say we like animals more than people because animals can't help their situatuon, but people usually can....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

PETSSo You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ10 Truly Irritating Things Your Partner Does in the Kitchen
Dirty dishes, food scraps in the sink — will the madness ever stop?
Full Story
CLOSETSBest Storage Secrets for Clothes
Closets and dressers don't need to be pricey. Here's how to fold, file and hang your way to beautifully stored clothes using what you have
Full Story
DECLUTTERING10 Things to Remember to Declutter After Shopping
Let go of the old when you bring in the new. Here’s what to do with gently used decor, exercise gear, clothing and more
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEA Laundry Makes Room for a Diva Cat
A South Carolina laundry room was designed to be sophisticated and functional, but when a kitten arrived, whimsy emerged
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME12 Very Useful Things I've Learned From Designers
These simple ideas can make life at home more efficient and enjoyable
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSThe Hardworking Laundry: Make Room for Folding
When you’re tight on space, consider building in surfaces that pull out, drop down and do double duty
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ14 Things You Need to Start Doing Now for Your Spouse’s Sake
You have no idea how annoying your habits at home can be. We’re here to tell you
Full Story
SMALL KITCHENS10 Things You Didn't Think Would Fit in a Small Kitchen
Don't assume you have to do without those windows, that island, a home office space, your prized collections or an eat-in nook
Full Story
GREAT HOME PROJECTSHate Hauling Laundry? Give Dirty Clothes the Chute
New project for a new year: Install a quick route to the laundry room
Full Story
Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada