SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bardzil

Day bed for 11 year old boy?

bardzil
4 years ago

My oldest son will have his own room for the first time. It is a very small room about 10x11. He really wants to fit a desk in the room. If we go with a twin or full bed, then we can only fit a very small desk (about 48x18 or maybe 48x20). We have a twin now and there is only about 4’ of space between the end of the bed and opposite wall which is where desk would have to go. i may look for a bed without a footboard to gain a few inches but it will still be tight.

My other idea would be to get a daybed in twin size to free up more floor space. I could get a modern style and maybe even one with a trundle for sleepovers. I was also thinking he could hang out with friends in his room more easily with a daybed because they could sit on the bed and I could get floor pillows or a bean bag chair too. I saw an olive green daybed I thought looked nice for a boy at Crate and Kids.

I am just not sure if this setup will last through the teen years. I don’t want to have to buy another bed in 3 years. Also, is a daybed comfortable for everyday sleeping? I know it may be harder to make the bed and I‘d be ok with that if it would be good otherwise.

Comments (11)