SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allie_burke41

Dining room color

Allie
4 years ago

I need help selecting my dining room wall color. We have an open floor plan where you can see all the rooms in th when you walk into the house. Our center hall and stairway is Gossamer Vail (SW) and our living room Anew grey (SW). Our hardwood floors are provincial. The dining room gets a lot of light and has 4 bay windows and is south facing. I am painting a large buffet and the legs of our dining room table a dark navy. At first I was thinking of a grey-ish/blue for the wall color, but I’m afraid that will make the Anew grey living room color look brown. I think the room could take a bold color because of the light, but I’m already using a bold color on the buffet. I’ve thought of going the other direction and doing a creamy white like Alabaster. I’ve also thought of painting it Gossamer Vail like the hallway next to it or something on the same color strip like Drift of Mist. But will a light color look too washed out in the room? What wI’ll coordinate best with the other colors on the first floor and also the Navy buffet? Any help /ideas are much appreciated!

Comments (14)