SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itza_gonzalez

I think dining room color scheme won't work with adjoining living room

Itza Gonzalez
4 years ago

Moving on to the dining room, wallpaper is down, room has been painted, furniture has been placed, had an idea for artwork and curtains in the room. However, now I feel I need to rethink my color scheme because of the existing colors in the adjoining living room. The dining room would be all cool blues and greens and the living room has a red sofa and is all warm caramel and cream. So I need to either warm up the ding room colors or figure out a way to add blues and green in the living room. I am just not that good at this. On top of that dilemma, a last minute decision and size miscalculation is now leaving us with not enough room for the buffet/server piece that is needed for extra storage or room for an area rug. I can use the server in another room (living room) but due to placement of doorways and the fourth "wall" being a massive opening into living room, I am stumped as to how to add needed storage to the room.

Original inspiration piece for dining room: Rick Reinert.- Southern Oaks from Ballard - love this SO much

Original choice for window treatment in dining room were these Courtney Spa Drapery Panels (also from Ballard Designs). Need to find something else though. Thinking I might be able to use window treatments and artwork with colors that would tie the two rooms together.

Love the colors in Julia Purinton's Water Lillies II

Terrible glare from existing light fixture that needs to be replaced (any ideas welcome). Paint color is an SW match for Behr Back to Nature. It's an exact match but the current lighting makes it look kind of yellow and washed out in the pictures below. This picture is a better representation of the actual color

Comments (47)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022