SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Airing of Grievances, mine right now

dedtired
4 years ago

I’m feeling irritated. I have a very good friend, she’s like a sister to me. However, she does something over and over again that has started to really bother me. She will often make plans to do something or go somewhere and then cancel. Always not quite feeling well, or the car is making a funny sound and she doesnt want to drive, the weather looks threatening, that sort of thing. It happens so reliably that it would be laughable if it weren’t so annoying. I’ve really come to see it as a way of controlling others, although that’s not quite the right way to explain it.

Of our small group of friends, she is by far the most strapped financially. I feel so bad for her at times since she can’t afford to travel or or decorate her house or do much of anything beyond the basics. We really go out of our way to not talk about our trips or anything that might make her feel bad.

anyway, what has set me off today is that we had plans for our annual Christmas dinner get together tonight. I planned my day around getting home to get ready then go to the restaurant. In fact, I just bought little gifts for everyone and had them wrapped and ready to go, at no small expense. I wanted it to be special. I had a lot more shopping I wanted to do but came home to get ready and of course, there is a message asking to postpone until next week. Her stomach is feeling a little upset and would I mind?

I can’t even tell you how often this has happened. I am tempted to tell her next week doesn’t work for me, although it does. I’m always so understanding when she does this but this time I swear I am going to let her know that it’s a bother. In the end, I won’t because she is a good friend, but grrrrr.

thanks for listening. I feel better now.

Comments (47)