Old Family Pictures

Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada

Was hunting for a specific picture to send my son and found an old wedding picture (1945 in England) of my Mom & Dad's. My Dad is wearing a Canadian World War II Uniform. He brought my Mom over to Canada as a War bride. The stories the had ... smile.

SaveComment14Like4
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Wasn't able to post a picture when I initially posted.

10 Likes Save    
Marilyn_Sue

How very nice.

Sue

Save    
dedtired

What a treasure to have.

Save     Thanked by Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada

Yes, got a little 'choked' seeing that pucture at this time of year when so many memories resurface. My Mom lived right in downtown London and my Dad brought her over to live in rural Saskatchewan (Canada). She didn't do very well, especially when my father was up at 4 am and early to bed. She was left alone with her new Mother-In-Law who had very little sympathy for her & made her life pretty miserable. Thank God they relocated to British Columbia where I reside today.

3 Likes Save    
cherryfizz

A treasure to have. I have been going through old family pictures this week, many that are over 100 years old. I love old photos whether they belong to me or not.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada
nickel_kg

Sweet picture and story. Perfect to send to your son and preserve a family memory for another generation.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada
pudgeder

Lovely photo and good that you have the story behind!

OutsidePlaying

What a great photo! It’s good you can pass the story and photo along to your son.

Ava

Beautiful, just beautiful ...

Alisande

Wonderful photo. A beautiful example of the people of that time.

sableincal

What a handsome couple! Your beautiful mother looks like she just stepped out of one of those BBC series about the WW2 era! Her hat! Her shoes!

Do you know where they lived in Saskatchewan? My father was born in 1904 on a farm outside Langham, the nearest city being Saskatoon. It was wild and remote and cold. He eventually made it to Chicago!

Sableincal, my Father's parents lived in the hinterlands of the Battlefords which is a couple hrs from Saskatoon. I believe it was a hard life back in the 1940's as he talked alot about the depression. I believe that led to my Mom & Dad always being grateful for all they had even though they never achieved big riches.

Save    
tami_ohio

Such a treasure! Beautiful looking couple.

Save    
Louiseab Ibbotson

My grandparents were from Buchanan, Saskatchewan. My dad was born on the farm there.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Projects What to Do With Old Family Photos
Find out how to research, share and preserve images that offer a connection to the past
Full Story
Most Popular My Houzz: Austin Family Breathes New Life Into an Old Bungalow
Homeowners brighten up their 1948 fixer-upper with new floors, marble countertops and so much more
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Easy Mix of Old and New Revives a Family Townhouse
Contemporary furniture and modern fixtures blend with period architecture in this large open-plan home in London
Full Story
GBC Kitchen & Bath has been in remodeling business for over 10 years providing products and services mainly in... Read More
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More