Old Family Pictures
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Grandparents' Fig Trees
Comments (4)I live in southeast Virginia. I grow 7 varieties and always look for old/mature fig trees in yards, old farmsteads, or the wild. Celeste is the most common, and it's not uncommon to see 20' tall bushy Celeste fig trees. Brown Turkey is also common, but I think mostly because it is available at all the big box garden stores. I recently spotted a large fig tree in Newport News. I asked the owner about it and he said it was a Brunswick fig tree his father planted 60+ years ago. It was loaded with figs. The hand-shaped leaves made it jump out as I was driving by. Here is a link that might be useful: .09 Acres Blog...See MoreHow can I get ink off old pictures?
Comments (2)Thanks! I did take the pictures to a professional & he said the ink is from a fountain pen & that due to the age of the pictures etc. it wasn't safe to try to remove the ink, that it would do more harm than good. So, I will have to have them restored. Thanks for your help!...See MoreNOW I finally know
Comments (3)No we won't be sorry! Isn't learning new things fun?...See MoreHelp with renaming pictures, please.
Comments (7)A couple clarifying questions that might help someone better help you: What operation system and version are you running? (for example: Windows 7, Windows 10, other) Are you attempting to rename a file in a local folder or a shared network folder? Something you may, or may not be be interested in reading while waiting on someone more qualified to come along: Error renaming files in a shared folder - invalid filename error but no invalid characters (I realize that's an old thread but that doesn't mean it's not still useful)...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING PROJECTSWhat to Do With Old Family Photos
Find out how to research, share and preserve images that offer a connection to the past
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Austin Family Breathes New Life Into an Old Bungalow
Homeowners brighten up their 1948 fixer-upper with new floors, marble countertops and so much more
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDHouzz Tour: Easy Mix of Old and New Revives a Family Townhouse
Contemporary furniture and modern fixtures blend with period architecture in this large open-plan home in London
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: A 300-Year-Old Home Adapts to a Modern Family of 7
A new addition adds much-needed square footage to a 1750s home in Massachusetts
Full Story
UNIVERSAL DESIGNMy Houzz: Universal Design Helps an 8-Year-Old Feel at Home
An innovative sensory room, wide doors and hallways, and other thoughtful design moves make this Canadian home work for the whole family
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDHouzz Tour: Light Shines on a Centuries-Old London Home
Old meets new in this striking family home, where 19th-century features combine with dramatic windows and inspired details
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Old Meets New in the Northwest
NB Design Group uses a family's old Tudor kitchen as inspiration for their brand new home
Full Story
TRADITIONAL ARCHITECTUREHouzz Tour: Taking ‘Ye Olde’ Out of a Nantucket Shingle-Style Home
Vintage and modern pieces mix it up in a vacation house reconfigured to host casual gatherings of family and friends
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Old-World Charm With a Modern-Love Twist
Heritage pieces combine with custom touches — and one great story — in a Canadian family's 'forever' house
Full Story
HOME TECHPicture This: Your Digital Photos Deserve Frames Too
Decorate with family memories — and swap them out in an instant — with frames made just for showing and sharing digital photos
Full Story
Cherryfizz