SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastautumn

Sophisticated Pink Paint Color Suggesions?

eastautumn
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Any suggestions for a sophisticated pink paint color for a basement guest bedroom? The only natural light in the room will be from a window that faces east. I don't want baby girl pink, but rather something that feels cozy and sophisticated.

The predominant furniture that will be in the room (bed, dresser, and side table/music stand) is painted a green color with gold on the edges and flowers. It comes from my husband's great grandmother and it is pretty, just not a style or color I'd pick out, so it's a little more challenging to decorate around for me. I found a rug on eBay that has a lot of subdued pink/peach tones (along with a lot of green and some indigo) that I think will work well with the furniture, and am trying to find a pink paint for the walls that looks nice with the rug and the furniture. I don't necessarily want to match the paint to the rug, just to find something harmonious.

Here's an inspiration picture that I love, though I have no idea what the wall color is. I'm looking for a slightly peachier pink than this to coordinate with the rug that will be in the room, but love the saturation of the pink in this photo.

Being in a basement, I thought I would need to find something with a fairly high LRV and that it would look more saturated just by virtue of not getting much natural light. I first tried SW "Intimate White" and it looks very washed out and baby-girl-room pink. I then tried BM Pristine and BM Old Country. Pristine is pretty and sophisticated, but still lighter than I'd like. Old Country, which seemed like it would just be a more saturated version of Pristine, looks like an ugly brownish-beige band-aid color-- it doesn't read pink at all in the room. I have a large sample paper of BM Queen Anne Pink so I tried that in there too, but it's a little too bright and peachy. I had no idea how hard it would be to find the right pink!

After obsessively looking for pink paint advice/inspiration on this forum and elsewhere online last night, I'm planning to pick up a sample of Odessa Pink HC-59 and one of Coastal Cottage 1169 (both Ben Moore colors) so I will try those tonight. Just curious if anyone has any other suggestions for pinks to try to get the effect I'm looking for. I've seen many suggestions for BM Opal, but I think that will also be too light. Here are a few pictures of the rug and furniture in case that helps.

I have a preference for Ben Moore paint colors because I love the size (and price) of their test pots, but am willing to try other brands if I can't find a Ben Moore color that works. Thank you!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm