SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_svensson_81

HELP! Kitchen backsplash time

Kitchen is slowly coming together but I’m not sure of at least two things:

1: Tile color- I think I’d like a matte white or matte charcoal tile, and something that looks rather uniform as both the floor and the counter has some movement. Could be a small hex, chevron or herringbone or a even larger format tile maybe. (Hubby is nervous about having a lot of grout.)The kitchen is very linear and I’m thinking maybe we need to break it up a little with another geometric pattern for the backsplash.
The counter is Cambria Britannicca.

2: Tile area: we’re thinking about tiling all the way to the ceiling and stopping the tile where the high cabinets stop on the left side, next to the window (ignore my fingers, covering my kids). If we were not to tile all of it I wouldn’t be sure where to end and how to handle the window area.

The area to the left is our main family entry (not formal entry) and the table is only there temporarily.

The kitchen (and house) is open concept and we don’t have all other elements figured out yet but colors are neutral for the time being, white, black/charcoal and wood and will likely stay very neutral.

All help appreciated!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022