SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bette_dixon

Husband says, "Kitchen backsplash going up over Thanksgiving week"!

Wacky4 Pappys
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I delayed this decision to avoid not rushing into it but now is the time to decide! FYI - he has about 2 weeks off to complete the top of the cabinets (which he is already close to finishing) and wants to complete tile during time off. We are not rushing due to company, etc. We have been discussing white subway for some time, I just have not pulled the trigger on anything.

Counters: Montauk Quartz (HanStone) - looks much "whiter" in person, more off-white

Cabinets: Pre-painted White - matches in between BM Chantilly Lace and Simply White

Floors: warm medium hardwood

Island: to be painted with a color (possibly soft gray or grayish blue not sure yet but easy to change)

Adding more warmth in accessories, etc. - May add wood stools and wood shelving to adjoining wall in kitchen, tie in with natural fiber rugs etc. to adjoining rooms.

Walls- to be painted something complementary with countertops, painted island, etc. - not white

Leaning towards white/off-white subway with matching grout to keep it simple and "timeless" or possibly a light solid color tile matching one of the colors in the counter top.

Hubby suggested herringbone pattern with subway but may be too busy with the raised panel cabinets.

We both love marble subway and found some that "appeared" to have similar colors as countertops but feel it would still clash and look too busy. Trying to keep to one pattern rule. Though I have noted others seemingly pulling the two choices off with the same counters.

Bought a sample of white picket tiles - hubby not a fan (of this sample anyway).

Wondering about the longer subway tiles in this situation? (3 x8, 3 x12 -not sure of sizes) Suggestions on use?

Wondering about something different behind the stove area? Seems we would need to stay in the same finish to look correct? Not a huge kitchen so keeping it the same may be best.

Will post pics but may need to do separately. Would not load previously.

Kitchen Remodel Nov 2019 · More Info

Comments (32)