SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
b_berry92

update late 80s kitchen on budget

B Berry
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

This kitchen has greenish ceramic floor tiles, beige cheap counter, and oak cabinets. I'm thinking of staining all of these cabinets with a whiteish/light grey stain that would show the grain, adding some stick on backsplash tile sheets, and perhaps replacing the counter top with something dark or white. What do you think? Would solid white or grey paint look better than a wood wash or stain that shows the grain? Should the backsplash tiles try to pick up a bit of green from the floor? Should I remove the green floor tiles? What other colors work work for the backspash? Would a dark counter work better than the white? I will buy new stainless steel appliances over time. I would like to remove the drop ceiling light as well, but don't know what fixtures would work well. Under cabinet lighting would help. Any ideas much appreciated. Would love to blow out the entire wall of the kitchen to open it up, but there is a stairway, air handler, and water heater on the other side of that wall. My budget is 2-3 thousand.

possible? would darker countertop work better?

good backsplash if I keep green floor?

Comments (11)