SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_969139140

IKEA Kitchen with Custom Panels Install Questions

Emily
4 years ago

Hello,

We are currently installing IKEA ktichen boxes and we are going to order custom matte thermofoil fronts and panels. I have a few questions:

1) The floor isn't level but the cabinets are installed level. We may have leveled the cabinets too high.
Our toe kick space is 4.5" at the low, and it is 5.25" at the high. In hindsight I realize we maybe should have gone from 4.5" at the high to 3.75" at the low. I'm not sure if this matters but I wanted to check, since now is the time to fix it. My concern isn't counter top height its the toe kick looking too big.

2) We have an integrated dishwasher and a skinny 24" integrated fridge. The dishwasher is beside our Bertazonni stove so we will need a panel between the dishwasher and stove to support the counter top. I like the look of no panel beside the stove because I think it showcases the stove more and it makes the stove feet pop. But I need a panel. Can I just add a notch to this panel that the toe kick will run in front of? It would give me a panel to support the countertop, but it would also be notched back to allow for the feet to be more prominent. Haven't seen this done in any photos I've seen (it's either a full panel or no panel).

3) We have a built in range hood. Is it standard to use the same thermofoil material as the door fronts to clad the hood?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH