SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolbrandywine

Painting lines on asphalt.

Kendrah
4 years ago

We have an intersection a block away where the crosswalk paint has completely worn off and people blow the stop sign frequently. It is a real hazard for pedestrians and kids. I saw someone a month ago almost get hit by a car. I took it to our city council person who assured me that no matter who I talk to in the city, nobody will come out and paint it until the next street painting cycle in however many years and that I should just do it myself. It is ridiculous, but par for the course in the horrifically mismanaged city I live in, so it's time to create my own DIY streets department.

Most asphalt paint I have found says it needs to be applied in warmer weather - above 45 degrees for 8 hours. I need to paint at night when the bus line stops running so I can put cones up and let it dry for a while. We are not going to have warm enough nights for quite some time. Does anybody have advice on other tricks or tips for how to get this paint on in cold weather that will increase the chances of it drying and staying? Is there another kind of paint I should use that would work better?

Comment