SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athensmomof3_gw

Needs dark charcoal asphalt architectural shingle rec *quickly*

athensmomof3
12 years ago

I have hunted for a dark charcoal gray asphalt architectural shingle and am not having much luck. They are either too light or black . . . I have had 6 different shingles put on my roof and have decided on the Landmark Charcoal Black but it is not yet installed. I am second guessing myself and it is not too late to get another shingle delivered!

I am painting the house, probably a light to medium taupe color (Windsor Greige) and the trim is a medium cream color and I want a *dark* charcoal which is not straight black. I am afraid the Landmark Charcoal Black is going to look black.

Georgetown Gray (Landmark) is too light . . . and colonial slate (certainteed) has too much red in it. Moire Black (Landmark) looks darker than the Charcoal Black. I have also ruled out Driftwood (too brown), Owens Corning Williamsburg Gray (too light) and Owens Corning Estate Gray (way too light).

This is really what I am going for from a look standpoint with the roof or perhaps a little darker but am afraid of having a black roof on a taupey gray house (but brown won't work either!) . . .

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (31)