SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_679400185

Front yard re-design ideas needed

T
4 years ago

Hello! I'm getting ready to start making calls and getting quotes to rejuvenate my front yard, but want to come up with some ideas before bringing anyone in. We're located in the greater Los Angeles area, budget is ~15K. Painting the house and replacing the gates/fences are also on the to-do list but probably after another round of saving.

The thoughts I have are:

• I have zero attachment to any of the landscaping and honestly think most of it is no good.
  • I don't want to keep the grass. In fact, most of it is currently now dirt in preparation for this project.
  • I think a walkway from the sidewalk to the front door would be nice, so visitors don't need to go up the driveway and do the zig-zag. Don't know if I should extend the driveway or leave a space between it and the driveway for softscape or something.
  • There's a nice crack going all the way up the driveway so I'm not opposed to ideas involving tearing up and replacing all the cement from the garage forward, as well as the walk-up to the front door. Pavers, cement, whatever. Next to the front door is a cement patio area with a little retaining wall around the perimeter.

Sorry it's so open-ended but I'm not creative at all and just would love help coming up with something. Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)