SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_564601787

Need help ASAP with white for kitchen cabinets!

HU-564601787
4 years ago

Hi all! We are about to have our kitchen cabinets refinished and I’m hoping to get a little help choosing the correct white. I’m usually pretty laid back about paint but the cabinets are a huge expense and I don’t want to get it wrong!

All of the trim in our entire home was recently painted using Benjamin Moore straight from the can white. My understanding is it’s the equivalent to BM White OC-151/PM2. The kitchen/living area walls are BM Revere Pewter, the counter tops (which may be changed but are staying for now) are Tropical Brown/Black granite, backsplash is a glass and stone mosaic and floors are a reddish brown hardwood (also staying for now because they run through entire house).

My intuition is to just use BM White on cabinets so they match all the trim but I’m a little concerned they will look to stark with some of the warmer surroundings. The flip side is a warmer white may look dingy next to all the white trim.

So...what would you do? Stick with BM White to match trim or choose something else? I’d also like to use BM Chelsea Gray on island if that affects the decision.

Thank you so much!!

Comments (28)