SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nmbexcuse

What killed lizards and crabs?

Miami Cuse
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am trying to solve a mystery. I have a property in south Florida that is fully fenced all around, although it has lots of trees inside and outside allowing squirrels, Iguanas, rats and cats that can climb a fence or a tree outside then work their way inside along the power lines or overhanging tree branches.

I do not have any pet - dog or cat. I do have a pond with some fish in it, and a few large crabs.

But I know something is coming in periodically and killing off critters inside my property.

I have a green anole lizard that I have seen sunbathing inside my yard for months.

Two weeks ago I found his head, just his head on the driveway. Something decapitated him and took his body.

Then yesterday I found a crab claw near the same spot I found the anole head. The body of the crab is gone, just a single claw is what's left. The crabs in my pond are about 7" across. Something killed one of my crabs.

What kind of animals did this? I know there are snakes, stray cats, possums, raccoons, iguanas in the neighborhood. Can't be iguanas since they eat plants only.

Comments (17)