SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c9pilot

Need help choosing Wall Micro/Convection Oven combo - Thermador?

c9pilot
4 years ago

Would like a microwave/(opt)speed oven on top and standard convection oven below (but not anything with steam).

Thermador has the closest to what we're looking for with either a straight micro or speed oven above and the convection oven (with rotisserie that we'll probably never use) below. I see that it heats up to 550! Also quite expensive, naturally. Does the quality justify the price?

Bosch is similar but I know nothing about them and their website is awful. Looks like maybe the Benchmark is a speed oven and the 800-/500-series are simple microwaves up top. And the ovens only heat to 450. But otherwise is this a good product?

Miele does not have the two-in-one unit. Could get a micro/speed oven on top and convection below, I think, but would have two separate control panels and unsure of spacing requirements between the two.

GE Monogram is the same with individual Advantium (speed) oven above and they have a drawer that can go in between to store all the accessories. (I assume the price is going to be the lowest in this bunch and with what we're spending on the range and hood, maybe this is where we go lite)

KA (like the one we currently own and loved for 12+ years) is out due to the chipping blue enamel issue with the current models.

What do ya'll think?

Comments (4)