SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bpath

Expired make-up

bpath
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

So I’m in a pause moment of my morning routine, and open Facebook. A page I sometimes follow, Flylady, is doing a live video about tossing old makeup. So I started, then wondered silently for some things that I rarely use, how do you know if it’s expired? And sure enough, Flylady says (to me, I swear!) ”If you don’t know how old it is, it’s too old!”

Some things have dates, some don’t. I wondered if it’s like food, where if it doesn’t have an expiration date marked, it predates the requirement. So I looked it up. (Btw, my hair is still wet and drying on its own, it will look goofy all day now.)

Turns out that Makeup has an indicator for how long it’s good, after you open it. But I guess that means you have to mark when you opened it? And some of mine doesn’t have it, some does.

I threw out most of my makeup drawer because I know how long I’ve been using my current routine, so I know a lot of it is ooooollllllddddd. (I tossed one thing that I know for a fact dates from 2007)

How do you keep track of your makeup? (And how do you get back on track with what you are doing after you’ve gone down a rabbit hole like I just did?)

Comments (24)