SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Siiiiiiii-e-lent Night...Hoooo-oh-ly Night.....

amylou321
4 years ago

Aaaaaallll is calm

Aaaaaalll is briiight

Yay! They have started playing Christmas Music on one of the local radio stations that does it every year!!! Now now, I know that for SOME of you it may seem a bit early. I get that, but not me. I love it and listen to it all year and look forward to it starting on the radio. The reasoning behind it starting so early, according to the station, was popular demand. People are so SICK of all the garbage going on in the country now, they wanted to have a little jolliness in their life. They got so many requests that they went ahead and started it. I can't wait until the others start too. There are 3 or 4 local stations that do it.

I have to say that even though it is always exciting to me when they DO start playing it, this year it was especially needed. Most of you know that I put up pretty elaborate decorations for Halloween and Christmas at work every year, and they are always well received by the hundreds of visitors(truck drivers and such) that pass through.. Most of you also know that about half the people i work with are extreme fuddy duddies and while they are rather enthusiastic about inhaling the candy i bring, they are not so enthused about anything else. So, they turn all the lights on to drown out my Halloween lights. ( I mean, even lights that are usually off when there are no decorations up!) They do not put out candy in the bowls for the truck drivers but will sit at their desks and eat pounds of it. ( i hope they gained 10 pounds apiece last month, and i am NOT sorry for wishing that!) They will hide things so that people cant enjoy them. They make snarky comments. Stuff like that. It makes me wonder why i bother to spend 8 straight hours putting them up. (longer for Christmas, it take a while to wrap all the ceiling tiles.) But then I get to work and am beset with compliments and gratitude and people wanting to take pictures and its all worth it. Not to mention how much i personally enjoy it. But it can be frustrating. I will be putting up Christmas early this year. Thanksgiving is so late this year, and if i am going to spent 2 nights putting it up, its going to stay up longer than a month, fuddy duddies be darned!!! Besides, i do have a couple allies. My day shift gal and my supervisor and definitely team decorations! Last night I took down Halloween and put up my thanksgiving stuff. This year, that is only my 6 foot tall inflatable turkey and a scarecrow scentsy wax warmer. I usually have so much more, but was in a mood, given the ATTITUDES i have to deal with. But Christmas planning is in full swing. The music is most certainly helping lift my spirits and bringing back my enthusiasm.

Yay! now they are playing Dean Martins' "Let it Snow!" One of my all time favorites.

Anyway, "Silent Night" sung by Nat King Cole was the very first Christmas song i heard on the radio this year. At around 5:15 this morning when i was getting off work. As your local stations start up (for good or ill, depending on how you feel about such things) please share with me the first ones you hear.

Comments (45)