SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beenabijoy

Can I get a new Shiloh kitchen for $25000?

EJ M
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm building a house and was with a KD last weekend. My kitchen is L shaped, 9' ceiling, 15'x13' with a 6' kitchen island. This is not a luxury home, but trying to get the best options for my money.

My builder is a no-crap reasonable and reputed man who runs a family building business in the area for the last 37 years. He gave me $25000 for kitchen and bath cabinets and countertops for the 400K home and suggested to go with Shiloh cabinets from a local dealer.

I gave KD the following picture as I like this kitchen and KD designed it almost like it with those glassdoors and glass inserts on the stacks, etc. The differences are:

1. I don't have the u-turn on the right side of the dishwasher. I have 30" wall and base cabinets on the right side of the glass-door cabinet above DW.

2. The island is also different. I have a simple one with one pullout cabinet set.

KD is currently pricing it out and I should be able to get it in a couple of days.

My question is, can you give some tips to save some money here? I know you are screaming "take out those glass inserts and glassdoors"... yes, those bells and whistles are definitely coming off as they are costly. I have money already for bath cabinets. So, I can use the entire $25000 for kitchen cabinets and countertops.

Any suggestions on doors vs drawers to save money?

Please let me know whether $25000 is realistic for a 15 x 13 kitchen with Shiloh cabinets with no crazy or custom stuff.

Comments (57)