SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanjeanremodelmachine

Suggestions for modern sconces above master vanity?

Mittens Cat
4 years ago

I feel like I've looked at every vanity light from here to Mars, but I can't seem to find anything that I like for the sides of the mirror in our master bathroom--at least not anything in the $150/each or under range. Also having trouble figuring out what size makes sense proportionally for the space. Initially, I liked the idea of simple cube-shaped sconces, but now they seem much too small for the space.

We're aiming for a crisp, modern style (DH not fond of unnecessary embellishments), but we're finding the light saber wand style a bit tired at this point. Same for most everything else that's out there, it seems.

I don't wear makeup or style my hair, so these lights are more for looks (resale) and to rescue me from the glare of recessed lights overhead.

I like milk glass spheres, but at 6" they also seem too small for the space (the mirror will be 56" wide, same as floating vanity). Also wondering if a sphere works when our Delta fixtures have sharp angles? Is that a mismatch?

I also like this wavy glass wall sconce, mainly because it's a little different than most of that style. It's probably the leading candidate right now, but would like help deciding whether the small (13.5" high) or larger version (18.5") works best, proportionally. Or maybe this squared sconce?

I realize it's not brain surgery, but I'm feeling wiped out by having to make constant choices lately. I'd love fresh eyes and design input, thanks!

Comments (15)