SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Cooking A Lot - Its All Becoming Blurry

John Liu
4 years ago

[Part 1 - having trouble posting]

I have been scarce here. I have been cooking up a storm, but it has all been for groups and it feels like everything I make goes straight into a steam tray and is eaten off paper plates.

It started on Thursday August 24, when we had our block party. WIth two blocks participating, we had about 40 people. I grilled burgers, ribs and hot dogs.

The next day, Friday August 25, we had a large BBQ for activists from many neighborhoods. I think we had a thread about that. There were 45-ish people here, I think. The night before, I filled my big cooler with hot water and ziplock bags of ribs and chicken wings, and ran the sous vide stick all night. The next day, I stood at the grill with a bowls of buttermilk and panko crumbs, pulled out bags, and grilled, pan-fried, and deep fried all afternoon. SWBO made big bowls of pasta salad and I forget what else.

On Saturday September 14, we had an adult slumber party for about a dozen ladies from SWMBO’s political activism group. It was still warm enough to eat outside, so I made deboned and roasted chicken, more ribs, more deep fried wings, and salmon cakes. I sous vided salmon (1 h at 130F), added a bunch of stuff to make cakes, and deep fried them. We also had Other Stuff. Memory fails me.

[To Be Cont]

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio