SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

School Mouse and Pandora’s Box questions

White stopping at a nursery that has more unusual bulbs for fall planting, I checked out the perennials at 50 % off. I came home with a School Mouse and a Pandora’s Box. Both are quarts but I prefer that anyway with a mini. Though with the later planting I will need to do something to keep the squirrels from digging and tossing them. Either caging the whole plant, or cutting a donut shape out of wire mesh.

So I have a couple of questions about these.

School Mouse looks ruffled within the leaf in the same way that Church Mouse is. (I know there’s a term for this but did not save it.) I know minis with “mouse” in the name are not necessary related.

With it having a lighter edge, how distinct is this from Mini Skirt? My 3 year old Mini Skirt is the fastest growing mini I have. My Church Mouse was only bought a year ago this past summer: too soon to judge speed; and is planted in front of and to one side of Mini Skirt. My “choice mini” area is already getting crowded. If School Mouse is going to look mostly like Mini Skirt I’d better find a spot further away for it.

I’ve wanted Pandora’s Box for a while but the white centered leaves give me pause. Thin leaves with white usually get chewed to bits planted in the ground.

Is Pandora’s Box best off in a pot? I have no mixed mini planter space left. I would have to pot it by itself and put it in the garage. Would clay or plastic be better? I can always use a plastic pot and put it INSIDE a glazed ceramic pot once I have dumped the annuals out if that would help it. In spring I can look for a nicer display pot.

Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm