SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_georgeadis

Do I need a filler piece for these IKEA cabients?

4 years ago

I have a pretty tight space here and just realized that I may have a problem. I am terrible at spatial things. This run of cabinets is between my refrigerator and my double oven cabinet. I need all of the space because I have an entry way to the right of the oven cabinet and need all the room I can get on the left for my refrigerator doors to open.
Problem: The right lower cabinet has interior drawers (this 21" size cabinet only has a door front option instead of a drawer front option). Will I be able to open the door fully to be able to pull drawers out without putting a filler piece in place? The oven cabinet and the lower cabinet are both 24" deep but the specs on the oven says that it is 24.5" deep with the handle.
Also, with the fact that the upper is 15" deep, will I be able to open the right upper door without putting a filler piece between the oven cabinet (24" deep) and that upper cabinet? I really don't have much space to play with here, so if I do need a filler piece, what is the smallest one I can get away with? I can't just switch the 15" and 30" upper cabinet placement because then the left door will open into the side of the fridge.

Comments (27)