Have you ever ........?
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you eat / have you ever eaten Marmite?
Comments (8)Juellie, don't let us deter you. Millions of people are raised eating these foods and love them. It's really healthful and I wish I thought that I could 'learn to love it', but I don't think so. Alisand, I'd have to chow down on plentiful amounts of other foods that are loaded with folate. I'd love to hear more about what you find to increase folate in your diet. Is there a natural supplement of folate (not folic acid?...See MoreCare to share? Do you volunteer, or have you ever?
Comments (26)Natesgram, I've worked in a NICU for 15 years and I can't tell you how much we appreciate those fleece blankets for our babies. We also have local volunteers who make isolette covers to keep the environment dark for our babies because it is developmentally appropriate (they shouldn't be born yet). Have you ever seen one? And when my late grandmother was getting chemo for pancreatic cancer, she was really appreciative of the person who made her a cozy fleece for when she got her weekly chemo infusions. I just want to send a big thank you to you for your work, because I know how much such those small things mean from the other side of the fence. Yes, I volunteer. I have volunteered in the medical tent for the NYC marathon for several years. This was before children. After 911 I volunteered making sandwiches for the rescue workers at ground zero. Before I started my career as a PA I volunteered at my local hospital transporting specimens to the lab and escorting patients out of the hospital. Currently I volunteer as a girl scout leader for my 9 year old's girl scout troop. I was never a girl scout as a child, so I am learning as I go. Even though I rolled my eyes when I was asked, I truly enjoy the girls and having a positive influence on them. We are currently involved in a project in building butterfly gardens in our community to restore monarch butterfly habitats. It is so much fun seeing these girls get involved. My mom is getting ready for retirement, she has been volunteering at our local animal shelter. I think she has always been involved in some sort of volunteer project for as long as I can remember. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. :)...See MoreHave you ever THOUGHT you'd seen a movie...
Comments (1)Oh, yes, I think everyone's had this experience. It often happens when you've been told about a family story so often that you think you remember it, even though you weren't much more than a baby at the time. Have you ever read anything by Elizabeth Loftus about memory creation? Scary stuff....See MoreHave you ever had a birthday that you dreaded?
Comments (40)Thirty was happy for me. We were able to adopt our DS after six years of marriage and surgery that left me unable to conceive. This year has been an uneasy one because my mother died at this age -- in October. It was an awful year for her, slowing dying of leukemia, and for me as her only child. DH had mixed feelings when he reached the age at which his father had died of a heart attack. Because DH had never been told he was adopted, and because all of his father's brothers also died of strokes, he'd been allowed to assume he would have the same fate. (Another example of his adoptive mother's nature.) Now DH has lived 25 years longer than his father did. And ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDES10 Design Tips Learned From the Worst Advice Ever
If these Houzzers’ tales don’t bolster the courage of your design convictions, nothing will
Full Story
MOST POPULARThe Most Incredible Kids' Tree House You'll Ever See?
Duck your head to enter this unforgettable Dallas wonderwork, lovingly crafted with imaginative delights
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Most Helpful Furniture Piece You May Ever Own
Use it as a table, a seat, a display space, a footrest ... and indoors or out. Meet the ever-versatile Chinese garden stool
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Dumbest Decorating Decisions I’ve Ever Made
Caution: Do not try these at home
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESThe 4 Stages of a Remodel: Happily Ever After
At last your project is coming to a close. Well, almost. Don’t forget these final steps before you settle in
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDesign Debate: Should You Ever Paint a Wood Ceiling White?
In week 2 of our debate series, designers go head to head over how classic wood ceilings should be handled in modern times
Full Story
FIREPLACESRumford Fireplaces Are Hotter Than Ever
Higher efficiency and good looks are leading homeowners back to this 18th-century fireplace design
Full Story
FALL GARDENINGMake This Fall’s Garden the Best Ever
Learn the most important tip for preventing buyer’s remorse, plus get more valuable buying and planting advice
Full Story
MY HOUZZMy Houzz: A Seattle Bungalow Goes From Flip to Happily-Ever-After Home
Once intended for a quick sale, this 1930s house now bears witness to its remodelers’ love and marriage
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Mightiest Little Table You'll Ever Have
It slips suavely into a corner, assists a coffee table with ease and makes a strong style statement. Meet the superuseful drink table
Full Story
kathy_t