SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

SW Sea Salt in My Dining Room

I have another thread detailing my dining room paint saga but decided to do this thread separately since I thought there might be some interest in my use of Sea Salt, which seems to be a wildly popular color. I had tried several other colors and was dithering around with paint samples while agonizing over the endless choices to be had in the light blue-green color spectrum by the various paint companies. I finally became desperate and decided to use Sea Salt, which was the color I had my entry room painted in the spring. I knew it would be different in the dining room since that room receives a lot more light and faces in two directions. My guess was that it would be slightly lighter and more greenish in color than the darker entry room which has only a glass door and no windows, and never receives any sunlight.

I've taken pictures in the morning, at noon, at 5 in the afternoon and under artificial light since so many colors may look good at certain times of the day or in a certain light situation. I was so pleased to see that Sea Salt didn't morph into some horrible shade at certain times, always looking soft and pretty, which is definitely what I wished for in a dining room that is next to the kitchen and connected to the living room via a large arch. I think it worked out very nicely. I'm not saying there isn't a better color out there for this room, but my chances of finding that color would have been distressingly low.

Having used Sea Salt in two rooms and been very happy with the results I give this color my qualified approval. Every situation is different, of course, but if you're looking for a light blue-green color, this one might merit a large test swatch on your walls.

Continued.......

Comments (22)