Crockpot Chicken Marbella

Martha Scott

Chicken Marbella is a classic chicken recipe from the girls at The Silver Palate. It was my first "gourmet" cookbook and I've made it a lot over the years. The ingredients are very different and would not seem to go together but they do! The other day I found this crockpot recipe for the dish and I made it today because I was very very busy and something simmering in the crockpot while I painted the porch railings, sewed a Halloween costume, and changed out my flowers from summer to fall was perfect. I think it was as good as the original!

CROCKPOT CHICKEN MARBELLA

8 pieces of chicken (you can use all breasts, a whole chicken, or all thighs or legs)

4 cloves garlic, chopped

1 T. Italian seasoning (a new staple in my larder)

¼ c. olive oil

¼ c. white balsamic vinegar

1 jar capers, drained

¼ c. maple syrup

⅔ c. jumbo raisins or prunes*

1 jar Spanish olives stuffed with pimento, drained

2 bay leaves

Place chicken in slow cooker.

Add remaining 8 ingredients with the chicken

Cover and cook until the meat is tender and cooked through, 4 - 5 hours on high, or 7 - 8 hours on low.

Gently transfer chicken to serving platter.

Top with raisin or prune//olive mixture and any remaining juices from the slow cooker.

Garnish with parsley.

*the original receipt used prunes and I did too. But raisins will work if you don’t like prunes or don’t have any in your larder.

SaveCommentLike
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Jump-Start Your Kitchen With These Minimalist Essentials
These kitchen tools will get you started on your path to culinary success or delicious downsizing
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances Considering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
Most Popular How to Survive a Kitchen Remodel
Washing mugs in the tub and getting hooked on Pop-Tarts. Here’s what to expect if you stay at home during construction
Full Story