SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Feeling a bit overwhelmed, you?

two25acres
4 years ago

It's fall project time and the weather has just been horrible. We have been under clouds, rain and high humidity for about 3 weeks now. I have 600 square feet of deck that we are trying to stain and do some repairs. We finally were able to get our roof replaced last week, thank god we had a two day dry spell. Hubby is on the road most of the time and we found a handy man to help us with projects that need to be done. Hubby has 3 days off this week and handy man is off all week and guess what, we have rain all fricking week. There is a sense of urgency as I am writing my auto and home insurance with the company I work for. I've had it elsewhere for 10 years but bringing it back now as pricing is where I want it to be. However I just so happen to know that insurance company I write for is stickler about chipped paints and rotting boards. Two issues I am trying to take care of. I would have done it sooner but we literally found our handyman a month ago. I'm feeling so overwhelmed. Sorry this is getting long. The pool needs to be closed up, we don't do that until the water gets below 60, we are there now but with all the rain we now have an algea problem so we need to get that solved before the cover goes on. Hubby will be leaving for charters starting Friday that will have him gone for about 10 days. I need him to help with putting the cover on, that's really a 3 person job but we can do it with just the two of us if we need to. I need a vacation. Really need a vacation and we are trying to figure one of those out soon after all is complete.

To top all this off as I was leaving from work on Friday I found water all over the bathroom floor, apparently the hot water heater is in the ceiling and it started to leak. Told boss, he turned off water, no I wasn't able to go to the bathroom before I left. Boss said he would get a new hot water heater and may need a plumber, I offered the name of mine he declined. I walk in the door this morning, ladders, garbage, holes in the ceiling and no water. He is cheap, didn't call a plumber and tried to fix it himself. Felt overwhelmed by it all this morning, came in at 10 and asked for name of plumber. Now we can't get it fixed until tomorrow. I get to wash my hands in cold water, deal with this mess and try to explain to customers. Ayy, if he would have just made the call and gotten it fixed. He's 70 years old trying to go up and down ladders etc. He has no business doing this not to mention it is unpleasant to be here. I apologize for taking so much of your time. At least the rains have stopped and we may get a few hours of sun today and the Bears won yesterday.

Comments (25)