SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_61583032

internal blower vs hood depth

4 years ago

Hello!

Thanks to the previous posters and commenters about hoods — it was an enlightening (and sometimes overwhelming) black hole but I appreciate all the information I’ve learned so far!

We are getting a 36” wolf gas rangetop (4 burner + griddle) with total BTU = 77,200.

I plan to get a stainless steel 42” wide hood with ~1200 CFM blower. Will research MUA once I decide in the hood. :)

Initially, I was going to get an external blower based on numerous prior posts but that recommendation seems to be for optimizing noise.

Based on aesthetics and proportion to adjacent cabinetry, I’d like to limit my hood depth to 24”. I know the general recommendation would be to get 27” but if I sacrifice noise level, will an internal blower be more effective (ie mitigating efficiency from ducting up to attic or roof)?

While I’d like to optimize for quiet, my first priority is effectively removing HOGS from my kitchen, then aesthetics, then ease of cleaning , and then noise. :)

I think I’ve narrowed it down to the following:

• wolf pro hood
  • prizer incline hood
  • modern aire ps10 (I need to price the out...if it’s price than the wolf, then this option is out)
  • I’m open to best by broan but don’t like their designs. I couldn’t find a simple hood (similar to the above options)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)