egg muffins in cupcake tin

always1stepbehind

I want to make egg muffins. Co-worker happen to bring some in but I noticed the bell pepper was a little crunchy. My thought with any vegi mix-ins, would be to saute them first..?? Thoughts or tips for making egg muffins. They were good. I wasn't sure how I would feel about re-heating eggs but they were fine.

Ideas of mix ins: onion, bell pepper, spinach, tomato, green chili, mushrooms. Meats: bacon or sausage. Not all at once but different ideas for mix ins. Suggestion welcome :-)

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jasdip

When I make my own pizzas, I always saute the onions and peppers a little first. A lot of things I bake that are cooked for a short period of time, I like the veggies pre-cooked a bit. I don't like hard broccoli, peppers etc.

Save    
DawnInCal

I make one that has diced Ortega peppers, bits of crisp bacon and cheddar cheese as the ingredients. There is also a dash of Tabasco added to the egg mixture. I think chopped onions or chives would be a good addition to these. I also agree about giving the veggies a quick saute if they need it.

Save    
DawnInCal

For a party appetizer, bake them in mini muffin pans.

Save    
adellabedella_usa

I saute mine first. Also, I would suggest garlic and cheese.

Save    
Rusty

Is 'Egg Muffins' another name for 'Frittatas'? I tried some of Jimmy Dean's frittata muffins awhile back, and I love them. Picked up another package the other day, and thought, I'll bet I can make these myself much cheaper, just as good, and with less salt. (I'm supposed to eat low sodium). So I've been looking up recipes on the 'net. There are many out there! Seems like the possibilities are limited only by your taste preferences and imagination. Also whether to pre-cook the vegetables seems to depend on the cook's preference, and maybe on the type of veggie, but also the size of the dice.

I haven't tried them yet, but will when I finish this package I just bought. I figure the purchased ones are frozen, and microwaved from the frozen state (1 min & 40 sec for two frozen muffins), so it should be okay to freeze and nuke the home made ones, too.

Rusty

Save    
yeonassky

DH likes crumbled bacon cheese onions and mushrooms in his. I like cheese onions sometimes leek or green onion mushroom peppers and a few red pepper flakes or Tabasco on mine.

I oil the tins I put my veggies in and stick them in the oven let them cook up under the broiler for a bit and then I add the eggs. That way I'm only messing one dish. Sometimes I put a piece of slightly toasted bread underneath as a pseudo crust

1 Like Save    
always1stepbehind

I totally blanked out on bell peppers at the store. I'm going to try a green chili, white or green onion and cilantro mix. I also picked up chorizo. I'm hoping I can get my kids 18 & 19 yr old to get on board with these too. Add a little protein in the morning instead of cereal or waffles etc.

Rusty, I think frittatas would be a good description. Maybe single serve frittatas.

Save    
arcy_gw

Micro waves were invented for warming up odd to reheat times like eggs and mashed potatoes IMHO!! I guess it's all in how small you chop your ingredients. Who wants more dishes to clean???

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I make these as an appetizer and they all disappear...

https://www.campbells.com/kitchen/recipes/chili-con-queso-bites/

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping Get Organized for Holiday Baking
Before you crack that first egg, establish a game plan for stress-free success
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances Simplifying: What Items in Your Kitchen Are Just Taking Up Space?
Here are some of the cooking tools, small appliances and dishware you may not need
Full Story
Kitchen Design 12 Ways to Set Up Your Kitchen for Healthy Eating
Making smart food choices is easier when your kitchen is part of your support team
Full Story
Remodeling with a difference. Are you demanding? Do you appreciate the finer things? Would you like your home to... Read More