SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess_barrett55

Brown spots after lawn was professionally treated?!?!

Jess Barrett
4 years ago

So I gave in and hired a lawn service this year to fertilize and for weed control after I spent most of the season growing grass back after I accidentally used weed AND grass killer last year on most of my lawn :(. I was a bit late to the game so I've only had two treatments and after this most recent one I have several brown spots in my hard. Most are only about the size of a basketball. I inquired with the company and they told me that I have Turf disease and want $100 to put a fungicide down.

My question is, 1) why if I have turf disease have I not experienced the brown spots when I've personally previously treated for weeds other seasons and 2) why did I not have any of these spots after the company's first treatment this year?

From what I can tell both treatments were the same except this last one also had Quinclorac where the other one didn't. Both treatments had Momentum 4score, and surepower but the first treatment also had foliar SUPER Nutrients! N-6%, Mn-10%, Mg-1%, S-8%, Chelated Fe-2% & Zinc 0.5% at 1 oz/1000 to weedy & thin areas.

So, am I just getting jerked around? Do I really have diseases? If so, does anyone have a fungicide they'd recommend and is it worth saving the money and doing myself?

Thanks in Advance

Comments (4)