SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taconichills

Need a solution for whole house humidifier

taconichills
4 years ago

Coming up on the second winter in new construction home. The whole house is spray foamed well, even under the basement slab. Passed the blower door test with amazing numbers. I have geothermal heating and cooling.I say this because I've read that sealing a house well will keep humidity in. Mine does not. Last winter our humidity was very low, sometimes dipping to 17. Every time I touch an outlet or adjust tv I'd get shocked. I'm more alarmed about the hardwood floors, which did show a few gaps. The gaps have closed up over the summer and definitely don't want to see them ever again.

I've researched the hell out of all options. Seems the steam units are a good option. I really wish that I didn't have to do anything. I hate the thought of somehow trying to figure out how to introduce all this humidity into the house in a controlled manner without all the awful side effects of mold in the ductwork and wherever else it might develop. I am wondering if have 3 regular units from Amazon that I place strategically will do the job? At least with this method I wont get mold in the ductwork? Wish I wasn't scared of the whole house console units.

Comments (4)